Your teeth can be easily damaged from a variety of activities in your day-to-day life. Our team at Covington Dental Partners remains committed to helping serve you with all your oral health care needs. If you are looking to improve your oral health care for many years to come, focus on tasks and activities that seek to damage your smile. Do your best to avoid any unnecessary risks to your teeth and gums. Be aware of the following risks:
– If you play any sports or practice any extreme stunts, always make sure to wear a mouth guard or facemask. A single blow to the head can easily knock out multiple teeth or fracture your jaw.
– Tongue piercings may seem fashionable and cool for many but a single wrong move could spell disaster for your lips, teeth, and gums. Metal parts can break loose and become choking risks or chip and crack your teeth.
– Bruxism, which is a condition where you unconsciously grind your teeth, can slowly wear down your teeth over time. There are treatment methods for bruxism.
– Never attempt to open things with your teeth. This is an easy way to give yourself an oral injury and break or crack a few teeth.
– Biting on your nails could potentially chip or crack your teeth, not to mention the added risk of all sorts of bad bacteria and germs being introduced to your mouth.
If you need to schedule an appointment with Dr. Whitworth and Dr. Leonard at our office in Covington, Georgia, please call us at 770-450-6551. We would love to help you with all your oral health care needs!