Our teeth age even as we do, but unlike some ailments we may have no control over, our smile is something we can maintain. With proper care and attention, our smiles can age gracefully. Dr. Sterling Whitworth and our Covington Dental Partners team in Covington, Georgia, are pleased to share a few oral hygiene tips to keep your smile young!
– Avoid Hard Snacks: It’s important to avoid hard snacks that can damage your weakened teeth. Hard snacks include hard lollipops, popcorn kernels, or chewing on ice.
– Brush Daily: Brush at least twice a day using soft bristles. If manual brushing is too difficult, an electric toothbrush will do the job perfectly.
– Clean Your Dentures: If you have dentures, be sure to remove them and clean them daily.
– Floss Daily: Floss at least once a day using floss or a dentist-approved flossing tool.
– Eliminate Bad Habits: If you smoke, drink heavy alcohol, or chew tobacco, you are at a much higher risk for gum disease, tooth decay, tooth loss, and cancer.
– Make Time for your Dentist: Make sure you visit your dentist as directed for a professional cleaning or oral exam.
Caring for you smile is not as difficult as it may seem. Like our bodies, our smiles require time and care to thrive. If you would like more information, or to schedule a visit with our dentist, please call Covington Dental Partners today at 770-450-6551. Dr. Sterling Whitworth and our team in Covington, Georgia are here to help you maintain your confident smile!