Covington Dental Partners is pleased to provide custom-made dentures to help our patients enjoy full, healthy smiles. Though the appliances themselves can’t develop cavities or infections, they require proper denture care in order to serve you well and keep your smile beautiful. We offer the following tips for denture care to help you maintain your new appliance:
– After every meal and snack, thoroughly rinse the appliance to remove any food particles and sustain excellent oral hygiene. This helps your dentures continue to fit correctly.
– If you need to take out your dentures, provide a safety net by laying down a hand towel or running some warm water into the sink so that if your dentures fall, they won’t become damaged. Avoid bending the clasps or damaging the material by cleaning very gently.
– Always clean your mouth, not just your dentures, after eating. You can remove any residue by taking a soft-bristled toothbrush or a piece of moist gauze to your palate, tongue, and cheeks.
– Be sure to brush your dentures daily.
– When not in use, your dentures should be safely stored in a soaking solution to keep them moist. A non-abrasive denture cleaner or warm water will do the trick. Rinse them off before placing them back in your smile.
– Maintain regular visits with your dentist so that your dentures can receive professional cleanings and we can ensure your dental health is in good shape.
To learn more about dentures and whether they are right for you, call 770-786-9339 and schedule a consultation with Dr. Sterling Whitworth and Dr. Caralyn Leonard in Covington, Georgia.